We were just in Disneyland a few months ago eating these delicious chocolate peanut butter sandwiches! No bread involved here! It’s a graham cracker coated in chocolate, a peanut butter filling on top, then the whole cracker dipped in milk chocolate. When you sink your teeth into that first bite it is absolutely amazing! And another great thing about this dessert – it’s NO BAKE!
This delicious copycat Disneyland favorite is sure to brighten your day! It's amazing from the very first bite!
Disneyland’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich
- 6 graham cracker sheets, broken in half
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ teaspoons milk
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Melt 1½ cups of the chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of shortening in a microwave safe bowl or big glass measuring cup. Stirring at every 20 second intervals until fully melted and smooth.
- Then dip each graham cracker half into the chocolate, tapping or gently scraping off the excess chocolate. But you want the graham cracker to be totally covered.
- Set each chocolate covered graham cracker on the cookie sheet and place in the fridge or freezer to set up quickly.
- While the chocolate covered graham crackers are setting up, make the peanut butter filling by mixing the peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Mix until smooth and creamy.(sometimes it just easier at the end to mix with your hands) Roll into 12 equal dough balls and chill in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Pull out the chilled chocolate covered graham crackers and peanut butter balls. Gently flatten the peanut butter balls to the size of the graham cracker and place it on the chocolate graham. Gently spread it to the edges so it's evenly distributed.
- Melt the other 1½ cups of chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon of shortening. Stirring until smooth. Gently spoon chocolate over the peanut butter layer and spread around with a spoon covering the top and sides. Put back in the fridge or freezer to set up (about 15 - 20 minutes). Then pull out and drizzle left over chocolate over the top of each graham cracker.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
- We like them to set at room temp for about 20 minutes before eating.