Served warm and gooey and stuffed with feta and spinach, it’s hard to eat just one,, These are simple to make and always a great addition to a meal. Enjoy!
Windy City Crescent Rolls
- 2 tubes Pillsbury (or whatever brand) crescent rolls, 8 ct
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz fresh baby spinach (about half of a pre-washed bag), chopped
- 2 oz black olives, finely diced (*this ingredient is optional)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- dash salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350. Begin by chopping the spinach and olives and putting them in a large mixing bowl. Add the feta, mozzarella, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Toss thoroughly and set bowl aside.
Unroll the crescent dough and divide into triangles. Using a spoon, place tiny heaps of spinach mixture on the wide part of the dough triangle.
Roll them up,,
Place on a greased cookie sheet. Before putting them in the oven lightly brush each roll with the egg white. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.