These can be dipped in any flavor melted baking chips. They also work well with walnuts. Any flavor extract can also be used.
Servings : Makes 54 cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar plus 1 cup for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds or pecans
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add sugar (1/2 cup) and salt.
- Continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add nuts and vanilla extract.
- Blend in flour gradually. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape into teaspoonful balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325° F. for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle some of the confectioner's sugar over cookies while still on the sheet. Cool before removing from cookie sheet.
- Place some confectioner's sugar in a Ziploc® Brand Storage Bag and place some of the cookies inside. Gently shake well so the sugar completely coats the cookies.
These cookies taste best after sitting a couple of days. You can store them in the refrigerator, freezer, or at room temperature,,