I think chicken is the healthiest lean protein to eat (aside from fish –) and one of the cheapest to get all natural, free range, or organic. So let’s pass up the ground chuck for some beautiful, pink, glistening chicken breasts; and, you know cook ‘em up in a tasty way.
This is where I run into problems. I’m so bored with my chicken recipes and I’m always on the hunt for new ones that don’t take a lot of time or fancy ingredients.
Here’s one that’s great. All the ingredients you probably already have, and it takes no time at all and barely any effort. Crack open a Corona with these.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.
2. Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.