A light lemony cheesecake dessert that makes two layers, one lemony layer, and another cheesecake layer. You'll be coming back for more!
Cheesecake Lemon Bars
makes 1 9x13-inch baking pan
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together 1 1/2 cup flour and confectioners' sugar in a mixing bowl. Cut in the cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared baking dish to form a crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside.
- Whisk together 4 eggs, 1 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a bowl. Pour lemon mixture into the prepared crust. Skim off any bubbles from the surface of the filling. Mix the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar in a bowl until well blended. Whisk in 2 eggs, then spread over the lemon mixture. The mixtures will separate during baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is set, about 30 minutes.