There's nothing quite like warm apple pie... is there? This recipe is pretty darn close.
I'm too intimidated to attempt apple pie from scratch, so when I found this recipe, I was excited because it meant that I make a quick, easier version a bit similar to the popular pie.
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- Spoon about one heaping quarter cup of pie filling evenly down the center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon; roll up, tucking in edges; and place seam side down in prepared dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and let stand 45 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.