This was my Mom's recipe. Easy and quick to make. Apples and walnuts are packed into a cinnamon spiced blonde brownie. Always a hit when I bring it to parties. Very moist and great to make in the fall when apples are plentiful
makes 12 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 medium apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter, sugar, and egg until fluffy. Fold in the apples and walnuts. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture until just blended. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.