This is a variation on baked potatoes that my parents taught me. If you love your potatoes with lots of sour cream and butter you'll love this one,,
Twice Baked Potatoes
makes 6 servings
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices American cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour or until soft.
- Cut enough of the skin off the top of each potato to be able to scoop the potato out of the skin and into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter, sour cream, grated cheese and mix together well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the skins with the mix and top with 1/2 slice American cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes just until heated through.