A fantastic way to enjoy lasagna without all the fuss! I thought using frozen ravioli already filled with cheese instead of layering layers of noodles and cheese would make a great dish so easy. It all comes together; just scoop it out, serve with a salad, and enjoy
Randy's Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna
makes 8 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (24 ounce) jars prepared pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (25 ounce) package cheese ravioli, thawed if frozen
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef, garlic, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in the hot skillet until meat is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Stir pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, basil, and oregano into ground beef mixture.
- Ladle a generous layer of meat sauce into the bottom of a slow cooker; add a layer of ravioli. Ladle another layer of meat sauce over ravioli layer; alternate with remaining ravioli and meat sauce until all ingredients are used.
- Cook on Low for 3 to 5 hours. Sprinkle ravioli mixture with mozzarella cheese and continue cooking until cheese is melted, 45 minutes to 1 hour more.
Using two jars of pasta sauce yields a much richer product. If you don't like as much sauce, you can use a single jar. The seasonings can be adjusted to your tastes. I prefer a generous amount.