Chicken pieces are coated with a homemade teriyaki sauce and baked to perfection in the oven. Easy to double for a large group,,
Oven Roasted Teriyaki Chicken
makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.