These individual meat loaves are topped with a sweet and tangy sauce. The sausage in this recipe yields a more complex flavor than your standard meat loaf
Little Meat Loaves
makes 6 servings
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed buttery round crackers
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian-style seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cracker crumbs, milk, cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, Italian-style seasoning, garlic salt, ground beef and ground sausage. Mix this together well and form into individual loaves. Place the loaves in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Mix this together well and spoon some of this sauce over each loaf. Garnish each loaf with some Parmesan cheese and seasoning to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 60 minutes.