Using leftover mashed potatoes and just a few basic ingredients, you can fry up this delightful and inexpensive dish in a snap
Crispy Mashed Potato Pancake
makes 3 servings
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Combine potatoes, eggs, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; fry potato mixture in skillet, pressing with a spatula to flatten evenly. Cover and cook until bottom is crispy, about 10 minutes; invert onto serving platter.