I've been using this chocolate frosting recipe forever, and several friends now use it as their 'favorite frosting!' It's smooth, creamy and not-too-dark. I just wanted to share it with chocolate lovers everywhere! It will frost, but not fill, an 8 or 9 inch layer cake,,
Creamy Chocolate Frosting
makes 1 frosting for 1 cake
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, sift together the confectioners' sugar and cocoa, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth, then gradually beat in sugar mixture alternately with evaporated milk. Blend in vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. If necessary, adjust consistency with more milk or sugar.