Serves: Makes one (9-inch) cheesecake
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 (3 5/8-ounce) package butterscotch pudding/pie filling mix
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Crushed hard butterscotch candy
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In medium saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk and water; mix well. Stir in pudding mix. Over medium heat, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla, then pudding mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 50 minutes or until golden brown around edge (center will be soft).
- Cool to room temperature. Chill. Garnish with whipped cream and crushed candy. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.