Chocolate, peanut butter, and Butterfingers all rolled into those gooey treats: HEAVEN!
Butterfinger Rice Kripsie Treats
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 7 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 16 "Fun Size" Butterfinger candy bars, chopped into chunks (or about 6 large candy bars)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Spray an 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and peanut butter together over medium heat. Add the marshmallows- stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the Rice Krispies (I found that it was easiest to put all the ingredients into a large bowl instead of stirring it together in the saucepan). Stir in the Butterfingers (setting about 1/2 cup aside for the topping). Scrape the mixture into the prepared 9x13" pan and press it evenly into the pan with clean hands. Let it cool.
- Heat the chocolate chips and the shortening in a small glass bowl in the microwave (or in a small saucepan on the stove) until they are melted and smooth. Spoon the chocolate into a zip baggie, snip the corner and squeeze the chocolate into the corner. Drizzle chocolate onto the krispie treats, sprinkle with Butterfinger chunks and then drizzle more chocolate on top.
- Store in a covered container.