Pan Fried Chicken Recipe with Cauliflower in a Mustard Lemon Sauce
- 8 chicken breast minute steaks, 3 ½ oz each
- 1 cauliflower, about 1 ¾ lbs, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain or Dijon mustard
- 3 oz unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon cut into 6 wedges
Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F.
Cut the cauliflower into inch thick slices and overlap it in a small baking dish. Pour over ½ cup water, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil.
Roast for 20 minutes or until golden.
Heat a large, lightly oiled skillet over a medium high heat and pan fry the chicken for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through, in 2 batches.
Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium low heat. Add the garlic. Whisk in the juice from 2 of the lemon wedges, the almonds, mustard and 2 tablespoons of hot water.
Bring to a simmer then season to taste and remove from the heat.
Divide the chicken and cauliflower between the plates, top with the sauce and decorate with parsley and lemon wedges.