Banana Peanut Butter Choc Chip Coconut Cookies
- 3 large, very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, preferably all-natural (just peanuts), or almond butter
- 1/4 cup canola or olive oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned (large flake) or quick oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
In a large bowl mash the bananas with the peanut butter, oil and vanilla. In another bowl stir together the oats, coconut, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients along with the chocolate and stir until combined.
Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet, or one that is sprayed with nonstick spray, and bake for 12-14 minutes, until just set. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.