Shaker Bread Pudding with Oozing Caramel Sauce
original recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/shaker-bread-pudding-with-oozing-caramel-sauce-80287
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 slices fat-free bread, cubed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix egg whites, skim milk, sugar, applesauce, vanilla, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt.
- Lightly coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place bread in pan and top with egg mixture.
- Bake for 70 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute and stir in milk powder.
- Serve bread pudding topped with caramel sauce.