Gingerbread Cake with Creamy Gingerbread Frosting
original recipe: http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Desserts/Gingerbread-Cake-with-Creamy-Gingerbread-Frosting.aspx?cmpid=2012-mccormick-holidaylookbook-recipe-share-pinterest
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- Creamy Gingerbread Frosting (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar and molasses in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Add eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture alternately with boiling water, beating on low speed after each addition until smooth. Pour into prepared pans.
3. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
4. Fill and frost with Creamy Gingerbread Frosting. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.
Creamy Gingerbread Frosting: Pour 1 cup milk into medium bowl. Add 1 package (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix, 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger and 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon . Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes. Gently stir in 1 tub (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed.