photo credit: http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com
White Chocolate topped Gingerbread Cookies
original recipe: http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com/2010/12/07/white-chocolate-topped-gingerbread-cookies/
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. Ginger, Ground
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg, Ground (I used fresh)
- 1/4 tap salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses, egg and vanilla; beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Immediately press about 5-6 white chocolate chips into center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.