photo by http://www.fortmillscliving.com
Sandwich with Chipotle Mayo
original recipe: http://www.fortmillscliving.com/2012/08/03/recipe-chicken-bacon-panini-with-chipotle-mayo/
Chipotle Mayo :
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- chicken from 1 rotisserie chicken
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 slices Italian bread
- For the mayo- mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. (Best done ahead of time so flavors have a chance to meld.)
- Spread butter on 1 side of each piece of bread.
- Spread mayo on non-buttered side of 1/2 the pieces of bread.
- On remaining pieces of bread, evenly distribute cheese, chicken, bacon, and avocado. (Cheese should be the first thing you put on the bread so it will melt easily.
- Place mayo coated slices on top, buttered side up.
- If using a grill pan, place a heavy pan on top and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Alternately, cook in a panini grill until desired degree of doneness.