photo credit: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cupcake
original recipe: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2011/09/dark-chocolate-raspberry-cupcakes-with-raspberry-whip-cream/
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 egg whites or about 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup of almond or soy milk (vanilla or unsweetened is fine)
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream (fat free preferably)
- 12 teaspoons of seedless raspberry jam
Raspberry Whip Cream:
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of seedless raspberry jam
- 4 oz of dark chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of milk
For the Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in bowl and stir until well mixed. In a large bowl beat both sugars and butter with a mixer until well combined. Add egg whites and vanilla. Next add flour mixture, milk and sour cream. Mix until all is blended and creamy. Spoon cupcake batter into 12 muffin cups with liners. Add 1 tsp of raspberry jam to the center of each cupcake. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for a couple of minutes, then remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Once cupcakes are cool you can frost them.
For the Raspberry Whipped Cream Frosting: Combine heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, raspberry jam, and sugar in a large bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Immediately frost cupcakes.
For Chocolate Glaze: Place chocolate and milk in a microwavable small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Then mix together and drizzle on top of cupcakes.
Sprinkle with colored sugar to make extra pretty.
Makes 12 cupcakes.