photo credit: http://www.alexandracooks.com
Bacon, Cheddar and Pear Panini
original recipe: http://www.alexandracooks.com/2011/09/15/bacon-cheddar-and-pear-panini/
- 1 tablespoon jam, such as currant or fig or Ikea’s lingonberry (what I used)
- 2 slices of nice, bakery-style bread, from a multigrain or Italian boule for example
- 2 slices Cheddar
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 1/4 small pear, thinly sliced
1. Heat a panini machine. Spread the jam on 1 slice of the bread. Layer the pear, bacon and cheddar on top.
2. Press the sandwich in the panini machine until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes total depending on your machine.